Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Avast me hearties! A Pirating we Go!

Avast me hearties, today be the 17th annual International Talk like a Pirate Day, an' shiver me timbers, mates, if it don't be cold enough to put icicles on me wooden leg!

Garr! For all ye scallywags and landlubber's who bescratchin' yer bonces, this be an educational video, an' a personality test ta boot! http://talklikeapirate.com/ppi.html http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8mhbqed8HA

For a swashbucklin' good time, this be the infographic on becomin' a pirate (via http://www.visualnews.com):


Yarr... to be findin' about modern day bands 'o pirates, check out 'tis wicked infographic from the Russian News and Information agency:

For all ye hearty buccaneers headin' out for a dark night o' pillage, plunder, guttin', garrottin' and grog.. the Top 10 Pick-up Lines on International Talk Like a Pirate Day be:

10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
8. Come on up and see me urchins.
7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?
4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
2. Well blow me down?

An' the number one pickup line be …
1. Prepare to be boarded.

Hahaaaarrgh..
But don't go blatherin' about who be tellin' ye such nonsense... aye?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive