Monday, September 19, 2011

Today be International Speak Like a Pirate Day.. Garrr!

Avast me hearties, today be the 16th annual International Talk like a Pirate Day!

For all you scallywags and landlubber's who bescratchin' yer bonces, this be an educational video about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8mhbqed8HA

For a swashbucklin' good time, this be the infographic on becomin' a pirate (via http://www.visualnews.com) :


This be your pirate personality test:  http://talklikeapirate.com/ppi.html

To be blatherin' on twitter like a pirate, post your tweets to Post Like A Pirate. They will automaically get translated into pirate-speak.

Yarr... to be findin' about modern day bands 'o pirates, check out 'tis wicked infographic from the Russian News and Information agency:
 

And for ye hearty buccaneers headin' out for a dark night o' pillage, plunder, guttin', garrottin' and grog.. the Top 10 Pick-up Lines on International Talk Like a Pirate Day be:

10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
8. Come on up and see me urchins.
7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?
4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
2. Well blow me down?

And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …
1. Prepare to be boarded.

Hahaaaarrgh..
But don't go blatherin' about who be tellin' ye such nonsense... aye?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive